Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can You Give Me A Little Help Too

It seems that the President and Congress recently woke up. I only wonder how long there nap was this time?

Amazingly enough, they recently discovered and by recently I mean that back in March and April and May and June they had no idea what was coming down the pike. The Secretary of the Treasury was telling the public how strong our financial system is / was. The Chairman of the Federal Reserve was worried about inflation. Who knew there was Armageddon was just around the corner.

So, since I have written some excessively long pieces of late and particularly on this topic, I will cut to the chase.

The Secretary of Treasury presented a plan to Congress. It was written on three pages. Three pages, double spaced, wide margins, 16 point font. A plan that was so well thought out that it took maybe twenty minutes to type and not much longer to actually think out.

The "plan" give the Secretary of Treasury unlimited power, to make any decision about almost anything without any possible second guessing, no judicial review, no Congressional oversight and by the way $700 Billion dollars for whatever.

Mr. Secretary could go shopping for any bad debt or questionable debt from anyone he chooses under any terms he decides to agree. The debt does not even have to be mortgages about to be foreclosed.

Now, of course the actual plan that gets passed by the 535 ding dongs also known as Congress will be totally incomprehensible, impossible to manage, take an excessive amount of time to implement and the outcome ... beyond anyone's imagination.

So, what do I want? Well, I have some credit card debt and a mortgage that I would like Mr. Secretary to purchase and then rewrite. I was thinking he could easily lower my mortgage by 50% and extend the payment terms to one payment every two months and allow me 80 years to pay the remaining principal at an interest rate of maybe 1%, eliminate my credit card debt because I might think about not paying it. Plus, I would like him to throw in a toaster or some cutlery as a signing bonus.

I am not be greedy. I just believe the Government owes it to me. If necessary, I could throw in the mortgages of my neighbors, maybe my relatives so we would be large enough for the Government to notice and recognize we are too big to let fail. If you interested in being part of this group applications are being accepted but hurry.

No comments: