Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Apologize

Yes, I find myself in the unusual situation of having to apologize. Okay, I confess it is not so unusual. At this stage of my life, I can not count the number of times I have needed to apologize and the long list of people that I have apologized to. So, that being the case, I apologize one more time and certainly not the last time.

But you ask, what could be such an occasion that I would feel the need to apologize in writing on the Net for all the world or at least the three readers that I have to actually see and be able to refer to for all eternity? Well, if you must know ... I have been delayed in making additional journal entries in the illustrious journal of ramblings and for my rambling pleasure because of comments made by an influential prestigious critic. This particular person who shall be nameless, said ... that my pieces here on my Blog are too long and that I ramble! Well, this set me aback. I was dumbfounded. How could not all the dribble coming from my fingers not be of monumental importance? I found myself in a stupor, a daze, in a cloud of despair. This national Los Angeles critic, who she shall remain nameless, said I rambled!

Well, it took me some time to absorb these criticism because I am older and slower than many but then I remembered my preamble, my principles of this Blog and what it was intended for ... why I sought out this venue rather than to continue as in the past of trying to share all my thoughts verbally with world at Sabbath Table with my spouse giving me the evil eye ... I am an "Old Rambling Man" ... so Ms. Los Angeles Critic of National Fame ... I am who I am. So, there!

Now, look at all that I missed.

The fate of the New England Patriots. Alas, in this world of perfection being 18-1 is not good enough. Yes, they did loose the Super Bowl ... the only football game that matters ... there will be many many Super Bowl winners ... and the Miami Dolphins can still hold a proud head-up being the 16-0 Perfect Season Record Holders ... but when was the last time a team went 18-1? Hasn't happened. So, Tom Brady ... yes, your team lost another major game in the last two minutes ... yes, you will not be able to add a fourth Super Bowl ring to your collection ... yes, you lost to New York of all teams ... but 18-1 and all those records that will stand for many, many years ... Congratulations and there is always next year.

I missed Congress worrying about Roger Clemens' butt. I mean, the fate of the nation hinges on baseball jocks taking steroids to hit the ball farther ... pitch a faster pitch. We will loose the War on Terror if we allow these multi millionaire jocks to take drugs to entertain us at a higher level. Forget the sacrifice they are making. Putting their lives in danger. Putting their sex life in danger. They are doing it for us. In addition, Congressman Waxman ... does it matter whether poor Roger can understand the technical differences between being a vegetarian or a vegan? Your Congress at its finest. Democrats attacking a baseball player and Republicans defending his right to take illegal performance enhancing drugs to enrich himself and the already excessively rich owners. How dare the Democrats think he might have been wrong! Why didn't anyone ask the Drug Industry why they produce an illegal performance enhancing drug anyways? But for sure, we beg Congress to please continue on your diligent course to attend to these ever critical issues because while you are doing that the country can continue on its merry path being better off without your attention. Remember there are still "No Wheres" that a bridge to that place that can be funded. Maybe your next endeavor to investigate how womens clothes can be in size Zero?

And the I missed telling you my thoughts on the Writers Strike ... And the Golden Globe Awards presentation which showed no cleavage ... And the fact that there will be no 24 / Jack Bauer this season due to said Writers Strike and Jack being in real time jail ... And the fact the Presidential Campaign continues without any candidate telling how they would get Congress' mind off of Roger's butt and onto any of their proposals ...

But, if I were to go into all that I would be an Old Rambling Man ... so I have to cut this dribble short so as not to offend my Critic.

No comments: