Thursday, February 28, 2008

Please Protect Me

My head is about to explode ... quite literally. Now it is not because I have one of those many normal "tax season" headaches. No, this pounding sensation comes from just having spent forty minutes commuting to work and during that normally blissful time a watching cars crawl along the highway ... I did as I often do ... I turned to my radio for a view of the outside world. I will leave my regular listening habits to a future ramble but today as is normal for my morning commute I tuned into NPR, National Public Radio ... no not the National Palestinian Radio Station as some would call it. At least not today mostly.

What was unusual was the amount of nonsense. The world is a sorry place and for that I am saddened. Normally, I try to live in a very secure tightly controlled environment. I pride myself on not watching any news show. I do scan the three newspapers that show up on my doorstep six days a week but then I can always use them for wrapping presents or dead fish. I watch primarily the SciFi channel reruns of time tested programs. My real news comes from the Daily Show and the Colbert Report ... just like most people. I try to abstain from pop culture and do not care who Survives or who is the latest Idol.

So, Hillary is slowing falling from the stage. Yes, the polls are declaring it for sure maybe possibly this time. Texans have recently woken up to the fact that they maybe able to make amends from the blight they gave us in the current president. I person actually said that they were so happy to be able to participate in the historic event that would produce a Black presidential candidate. Yes, that would be historic for Texans. Yes, it is the year 2008 except in Texas. Not that I am in favor of this specific woman, Candidate Hillary but wouldn't anointing the first woman presidential candidate also be historic? Haven't the people of Texas watch 24? Jack Bauer has reported to two, count them two Black presidents. How many women have been portrayed as the President ... Geena Davis and she wasn't renewed. So of course America is ready for a non white male to be President. Please do not consider this an endorsement by any stretch of the imagination except for the program 24. As a side note, several of the people interviewed said without embarrassment, that it is the proper for the President to be a male and we know how well the most recent male from Texas has done.

Secretary of Defense Gates is in Turkey to tell that country they should remove their troops from Iraq because we have claimed it for our troops. Hasn't Turkey played Risk? Only one army can occupy a country at a time and since we have more troops we get to roll three dice while they only get two.

The Olympics are going to be canceled. Seems, the National Spokesman for the Games, 7 foot six inches Yao hurt his foot while making millions in America and will not be able to stand the smog of Beijing so he won't be able to attend. I guess once you give a big, tall Chinese guy American lifestyle its hard to get him back on the reservation.

Israel killed more people in Gaza. These were just people. We can not use the word terrorist when referring to specific people only when generalizing. How do we know that people were killed and how many of them and their ages and occupations? Well we ask the militant medical personnel in Gaza to report to the reporters the information which is unverifiable, normally inaccurate but worthy of being blasted around the world as fact. Oh, by the way one of those meaningless, inaccurate Gaza missiles murdered an Israeli student but that was only worthy of the 7th or 8th paragraph. By the way, if Gaza is so poor, how were they able to spend tens of millions of dollars in Egypt when the security fence was blown up? Where did that money come from? A final not for here, it was reported by not widely that Gaza has received more financial aid in the last two years then in the ten years before. At least two billion dollars per year has been given to the terrorist, missile shooting people. That is $2 Billion for 1.5 million people. Financial aid for Egypt by America is $3 Billion for 60 million people. So, why are they so poor? Maybe if they stop spending their days shooting missiles at school children they could actually do something productive.

And this was only the tip of iceberg of nonsense. Please protect me.

Thank you for letting me ramble on ... I did delete 8 paragraphs.

No comments: