Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ever Had A Thought

From time to time, while walking by myself or driving some distance or maybe sitting around with certain older female family members but mostly by myself with not much to think about because I have thought of all the important things and now have a few moments to think about those strange thoughts that seem to creep in and take over ... like run on sentences and things you should never say aloud but some how seem to sneak out at the most incorrect moment so that that woman I live with it to tell me later ... how many times have I told you not to open your mouth in public. Imagine that was one sentence.

Well, this a mental game that some of you may also have have engaged in. Imagine if you will ... you win the lottery and it some real money multi multi millions maybe $100 million, a billion, five billion or maybe even more. How would you handle it? I go through the gifts to charity, gifts to family, endowments, what to buy, how to transition to living off the investments. Who gets how much, and how would you space the gifts out. How do you deal with the people who don't get any money ... so many problems, so many decisions.

This is a game I have played for some time. The level of money has changed over time. At one time, it was $10 million, then $100 million, now maybe a $1 Billion and maybe more. Inflation ... its a bitch.

I mean how would you spend or deal with unlimited money? Take some time, maybe since your new at this write it down. Its a lot of money so discuss it with a spouse, spouse to be, girl friend or just the other guy at the bar. Are you selfish? Are you concerned about family? Are you interested in a special cause?

So, I buy lottery tickets when the level is high enough because only winning a million or three ... well it does not allow for the accomplishment of that long imagined list of goals.

But now I have come up with a new scheme, I am considering selling my soul. How much should a soul go for? Does it depend upon how many years left till it is redeemable? Does an extended warranty come with the deal? Can you request other options like to live to 120 or longer? Can you ask for good health as a addendum?

Where do you go to offer your soul for sale? Wal-Mart sells everything ... do they have a soul department that they need to buy new stock? I mean everyone knows Wal-Mart is the devil. Does this writing present a valid offer? Should I add all of the conditions of the sale? Could I ask for some or all of the super powers demonstrated on Heroes plus money? Of if I can pick only certain powers which ones or the only one ... which should it be?

I looked in the phone book under attorneys and there was not one advertising "want to sell your soul ... let us help you write the contract, make the offer and close the deal". I mean if an attorney does not know how to deal with the devil who would?

Does anyone out there have any insight or contacts?

No comments: