Thursday, April 24, 2008

Its My Job ... Isn't It?

If you have an ability ... isn't it important that you use it? If you can clearly see a problem shouldn't you take on the task of solving that problem? Therefore, it is more than my job ... it is my obligation.

I mean ... I see a problem, an issue that needs resolution, a festering sore that must be healed. It might even be a slight fault. These are matters facing my brother, sister, father, mother, son, daughter, close friend. Don't I owe it to them to point out the error of their ways? To help them in their family / friend relationships / improve personal habits ... is this not something which I should step forward to offer my help? It is for their own good ... I have the independent outside view. I can help them get back on the right path. They want to be a better person and I only want to help resolve the issues which are so clear to me.

It is clear to me. I am not sure why they can't see it staring them in the face, the obstacle to their having a better life. A better relationship would be the reward. But they do not seem to see the predicament. But I do see their dilemma. You see, I have the experience, some might even call it the insight. I have blessed to see the big picture. The bigger picture is what they seem to be missing. It has always been easier for me to see the issues from my vantage point.

Now, I am not trying to make myself out as an omnipresent like entity. Although, it seems that I do have a gift not bestowed upon everyone. Of course, I have my own shortcomings. Of course, I am open to the input from any source that might be able to make me a better person. But, why is it that those who with all good intentions are the ones with the wrong perspective? Why is it the ones that try offer assistance to me do not understand all the issues?

If only, I could find a person such as myself to help me with my occasional issues. I mean ... not that I have them often or concerning any significant matter but on those small occasions, it would be nice to have a person like myself to add insight.

That is why it is important ... some might say critical that I offer my assistance to my close family and friends. I know how important that clear insight, that outside vantage view is to solving their problems. Why won't they let me help them solve their problems ... it would make them so much happier as persons ... their lives so much easier if they just did it my way.

No comments: